Create a new Collaboration Template
nBold lets organizations build a Collaboration Templates Catalog that the company owns, letting user creates a Team needed to perform Business Activities such as Proposal Realization, Recruitment Session, Project Management, Crisis Management, etc.
Do you want to create a Microsoft Teams Template to support any Collaborative Process in your organization? You'll be able to build it in just a few minutes and help your organization with New Recruitment, Business Proposals, New Store opening, Business Department collaborations, etc.
So, let's get started!
1. Create a Team that will be the Original Team for the template
- Create a Team using the regular way and name it "NAME OF THE USE CASE - Template" (Deal Room - Template; Construction Site - Template; Marketing Department - Template; Project Management - Template... )
- Add the different Channels you want.
- Add files and folders in Files Tab
- Add the different Website tabs to refer to any Intranet Page, Website or WebApp Application (must be in
- Add Planner in the relevant channels with Predefined Tasks, Checklist, Description, Labels and Buckets
- Add an image to this Team in Jpeg
- Remove all the wiki tabs from the channels created
- Add the nBold Service Account as an owner of the Team
On Windows 10 or Windows 11, launch the emoji keyboard clicking
Win + ; and pimp the channel name with emoji 💪💯👌😍.
For Mac devices, type
Control + Command + Space.
2. Add it to the Teams Template Corporate Catalog with Governance Policies (for Admins)
- Connect as a Global Admin in Microsoft Teams
- Select nBold in the App Store and go to
- Click on
+ New Templateon top right
- Enter the name of the Team created before
- Adapt the name of the Template to be shown to end-users in the catalog
- You will now see a Template creation form. By default, the first tab in the form if the Info.
- Microsoft Teams Template name and description: This information is displayed to the end-user during the selection of the Template
- What you'd like to include from the original team: different characteristics that will be cloned from the "original team" to the new one.
You can selectively enable or disable these characteristics among:
- Apps: the apps installed in the "original team"
- Tabs: the tabs added in the "Original team" like Planner Tabs will be cloned with tasks, descriptions, checklists, labels, and buckets, Website Tabs will be cloned with the pre-configured URL, all other Tabs will be replicated but not configured
- Settings: The team settings configured in the "original team"
- Channels: The channels created in the "original team" Members: The owners and members of the "original team"
Select what to be cloned (most of the time uncheck "Members")
7. Naming Tab: add a Default Team Name and Team Naming convention (add a suffix or prefix for example).
Define the Naming settings with Team name, description, and welcome message default values.
- Approval: select who will be the approver of the creation (currently disabled by default)
Define the approval policy with an approver from your organization.
- Audience: define who will be able to create a team with this template
Define the audience you want to target for this Template.
- Compliance: define additional sensitivity labels to protect your data.
Define the Security Policy with Teams Privacy, Permanent Owners and Permanent Members
- Click "Save"
Test your new Collaboration Template from the home page! Click on